Tuesday, January 12, 2010

ACT 02: Strike!

“Teacher’s coming!” shouted Ash, the class monitor or even more famous with his nickname; Ash the CM. His shouts caught our nerves to go and sit at our own desk and pretended that we were studying as Miss Natasha is well-known by her undetectable-anger-reaction if she saw us not studying. “Morning, class.” She laid out her beautiful smile on her face once she entered our class. We were all glad and the most was me as I was sleeping soundly before that. Ha! Ha!

                She then wrote L-O-V-E on the whiteboard in front and she turned towards us. She then said,
“Love is the greatest gift in this whole world. It’s a common thing that’ll happen naturally all around us. So, as for today, I’d love to give you a task. Write an essay about love, more than 300 words like usual and hand it to me in my next class on Thursday. Got it?”
“Yess, Miss Natasha…”  We replied her. Great! More homework for us. For me! God, I already had piles of homework since yesterday and more this morning...ARGHH!!

                I went home with lazy steps. I lay down on my bed, thinking of what Miss Natasha said in the class this morning. Just a few blinks then past time memories struck my mind. It happened about a year back when I was in 4th Grade. With the purpose to compete in study, we tied a serious relationship with Jenny. We never meet before but our relationship grew as time passed since nowadays technology made the world at our fingertip. So, I set my mind to study harder so that I will be able to meet her one day in the university. We exchanged examinations papers as we both were studying in different school and state.

                My feelings grew stronger towards her day after day. However, I didn’t know about her feelings towards me. How sad… In the third semester break, I lost my mobile phone. So we had lost contact for quite sometime. I felt very sad that time. Luckily, I managed to get a new mobile phone and number. Unfortunately, an incident happened 2 days after I called her for the first time with my new number.

                “I know that it’s hard for you to accept this and so do I. However, I’ve been thinking after this while and I guessed, this is the best for us; for our studies and future undertake. Please forget me”. Call ended. Once again, I felt like falling down from a very tall building like what I felt when she accepted to be my love. But, the difference for this time is, I hit the ground. For me, she was everything. She’s my life. After all, how do I live without her?
That incident took me seriously as I couldn’t perform well in my examinations after that. It took me for quite a long time to stand my ground again. I asked advices from the elders… I deeply thought about what they said but she was my first love!
“Puppy love. That’s what the reality was,” my heart said to me one day. Everyday, I would sit near the lake and think about what happened to me. Until one day, I concluded everything and I was happy again after that.

                I am still too young to understand the true meaning of love yet not too old to feel that feeling. Jenny was not my first love after all. She was just a girl that knocked my heart. And she is not related to my blood ship (what am I saying?). My future is still bright and so I don’t want to darken it because of this puppy love matter. So, what should I do?

                I told Jenny that I accepted that we’re broke up. I thanked her for everything and for being my very close friend after all. At least, she’s still my girlfriend. Urmm… I meant that she’s my friend and obviously she is a girl, right? Ha! Ha! Ha! What a memory… since that day, I had been more focused on my study and never fall in love again. So, I continued writing my essay for Miss Natasha. But deep in my heart, it’s written…
                “Strike One”



*All characters are not related to anyone alive or dead.
This is just a piece of mind…

No comments:

Post a Comment