Tuesday, January 12, 2010

ACT 03: Strike Two

There were screams all around me. I opened my eyes and I was shocked as I am on a seat in the middle of thousands people watching a baseball game. I couldn’t remember where and what was the last thing I did before I got there. Creepy but that was fine. People around me shouted, “Red Sox! Red Sox!” while on the other side of the stadium shouted, “White Sox! White Sox!” sometimes, they would yell extremely happy and sometimes, boo-ing the oppose team. I am with Red Sox’s fan but am I one of them? I couldn’t remember. However, the match was very enjoying for me.

                “Strike two!!” I was shocked again and opened my eyes widely. My action had made everything around me seemed like being sucked into a vanish point. Until I suddenly realized that I was alone in the complete darkness in front of the idiot box showing the match between Red Sox and White Sox that time. I knocked my head and smiled, “it was just a dream. Silly me.” I went downstairs straight to the kitchen. I sat on a chair and drank my favorite night beverage after all, the best from the fridge; a glass of fresh milk. I sat there calmly until the voice saying “strike two” before that distracted me and made me sank into the memory when Jenny stroke again.

                I was online that time and she was also online (thanks again to technology). So, we chatted through an instant messaging system. A quite long conversation about nothing much than teasing each other until she finally said, “I broke someone’s heart and I don’t want to repeat it again”. My heart suddenly beat fast. So I asked her many questions about her statement afterwards.

                I can’t deny that I still have feeling at her that time. So, I kept wondering if the person was me. But, I was wrong. Definitely wrong! It was the other guy who won her heart after me. His name was… (A secret). However, I’d be able to control myself this time. I asked her about his new love’s characteristics and what so ever about him. How shocking, she answered me wholeheartedly! Actually I don’t really sure about it but I could feel that she was very in love with that guy that time. Once again, she asked me, “Please… please… please forget me.” But then she asked me to accept her as my best friend.

                “Aren’t we best friend after this while?” I said. She gladded. I asked for an excuse then I signed out. Deep in my heart, another phrase written…
“Strike Two”
Jenny, how could you do this to me? Yes. It’s true that you were not repeating your mistake for breaking one’s heart. But you done it twice at me and I didn’t know how many times more that you broke people’s heart. Remember what you said when we split up that time? You said that you wanted to avoid other distraction in your study and don’t want to be in a hard way to achieve success. I agreed with you that time.

                But what about now? I don’t know if you had already achieved your goal in study. In fact, how you could instantly picked up a guy to be your mate and then you simple dump them all. This is puppy love! A very short euphoria. I was sad for you. I finished up my drink and went upstairs. I closed my eyes and when I opened it again, I saw Jenny in front of me. I don’t know whether it was a dream or what. The only thing that was in my mind that time was the words that I wanted to throw out at her.

                Silent. Then I said, “Jen, congrats and thank you very much. You’re not repeating your mistake for breaking my heart but you successfully done breaking it continuously by having a new boyfriend at the time I was still hoping at you. I am not angry at you but I don’t trust you anymore! Maybe all girls are same just like you!” I opened my eyes and felt that my pillow was wet because of my tears.

                After we broke up, I never fall in love with other girl but Jenny? I don’t want to think about her anymore. I hope that she’ll be happy with her life. Oh! I couldn’t sleep. So, I opened my T.V again and the same voice shouted,
“STRIKE THREE!! You’re OUT!!”
Red Sox fairly won the game that night.



*All characters are not related to anyone alive or dead.
This is just a piece of mind…

No comments:

Post a Comment